Question
Posted by: hopeful | 2012/04/10

How reliable are home pregnancy tests?

This is a continuation of my message titled : " Could I be pregnant?" 
I did 3 home preg tests tonight - the first one had no result and I think i did not put enough of the applicator tip into the urine sample.
The other 2 were negative. I was 95% sure I was pregnant from the tiredness, irratability, sore breasts and 11 days late for my period.
How reliable are these tests? Should I go for a blood test or should I wait another week or so?
I am so upset and discouraged I cant even begin to describe it.

Please advise.

Home tests are not 100% accurate so it would probbaly be a good idea to have a blood test.

2

Posted by: Nini | 2012/04/11

Hi Hopeful,

The doc here only answers once a week, so I doubt you will get a response any time soon.

Pregnancy tests are usuallty quite accurate, especially if you are already 11 days late. But if 2 of the tests both came up negative, and you are still convinced that you may be pregnant, the only sure way to tell is with a blood test. This is most certainly your most accurate way to find out. And if you are indeed pregnant, the test will confirm this.

If you are not pregnant, but still havent started your period yet, it could be a hormonal issue - which then means a doctor''s visit might be in order.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Nini