Posted by: Nina | 2011-07-15

How one get hiv

I have been tested positive and my partner is negative and I have been with him since 2007. I am pregnant. How is that he is negative and I am positive, he did touch my blood more than once and we had unprotected sex most of the time

The transmission of HIV is not always as simple as having unprotected sex. The virus does not jump from one person to another at any opportunity it gets. The transmission of HIV from female to male is much lower, than for instance male to male or male to female. During normal intercourse, where the mucouse membranes are not torn, like with anal penetration, the risk is very lower.

Refer to the following article for an in depth discussion on the transmission of HIV: