Question
Posted by: EMPTY | 2010/03/08

How on earth does one cope

Hi there.

I have turned 50. I work, go home, cook clean watch TV, go to bed. i don''t want to socialize with my friends or family, I just want to be left alone. Life is just a habit and a struggle I might add. I feel dissilusioned at life, I try to count my blessings but still feel what is the use. the struggle seems to insensify and the things I used to be able to take in stride, now just run off me I cannot even react to anything. so what, there is nothing I can do about it. I don''t get phased. This is so not me. I don''t make plans, I don''t think of tomorrow. I cannot even begin to talk to somone. Is it the world we live in, one which is fulled with evil, corruption, lies, stelaing and cheating which has finally broken my spirit so now I don''t want to deal with anything any more. In a way I almost feel like I should not be here any more, what is the purpose of it all to chase ones tail for what? I supose I am rambling. sorry!

Have you NEVER enjoyed socializing with others, or is this a recent change ? Some of us are quite happy alone ; some lose the enjoyment of the company of others when under stress or depressed, and this improves as the underlying condition is properly treated. And counselling, especially of the CBT form, can greatly help you to revise your view of how life can be, and to find more that is fulfilling within it.

3
Posted by: koos | 2010/03/30

Maklik....trek jou vinger uit jou hol en begin lewe,fok gaan stap,vang vis,gaan na n shopping center toe en check die tannies uit terwyl jy heerlik teug aan n lang koue bier,daar is baie om voor te lewe ,stop jou janniejammergatgeit!

Reply to koos
Posted by: obvious | 2010/03/09

Maybe u should try new things,playing Golf,belonging to a men''s club etc ,it really does get boring when ur life so is predictable and nothing challenges u,hence u only reminise on the ugly,unfortunate staff of S A.

there is a lot to live for,find new ground and exciting interest,life might just be a bliss.

GUDLUCK and u not rambling,U being honest and reasonable depressed.

Reply to obvious