Posted by: Carol | 2011-04-19

how much sleeping is too much?

Im a 26 years old woman.I have problem with oversleeping. When i get home from work around 5pm ,im sleepy already, i even miss supper these days. i can sleep from 6pm to 7am the following day. I have been a light sleeper but now i have turned into a heavy sleeper.At least i manage to stay awake during the day.Im a part time student so I even try drinking redbull but i still sleep,i can sleep 30 mins or an hour after drinking redbull.

I hate this because now i cant study. what could be the problem and where can i get help?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

If you have this amount of tiredness despite getting what should be adequate hours in bed, it seems clear that there is a problem with the quality of your sleep.

You should get to see a sleep doctor. You will probably need to be tested in a sleep laboratory overnight. Then the reason can be found, and can almost always be corrected.

Posted by: QQ | 2011-05-03

You are too thin... and hungry

Reply to QQ
Posted by: Romany | 2011-04-29

Have you ever considered that this may not be a " sleep problem" ? If you have some sort of difficiency you could very well have this problem.
One of my colleauges used to fall asleep at work all the time and also slept every moment when not working.
She had some blood tests done and it happened that she had a severe iron difficiency and had to get transfusions.
Now she is all good.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Carol | 2011-04-19

I forgot to mention that i''m not obese,im size 30. If you think a sleep doctor can help,please provide me with contact details of a good one in Pretoria.

Thank you in advance.

Reply to Carol