Question
Posted by: ANON | 2011/09/15

How much scaring

Hallo I want my tubes tied and was wondering how much scaring is involved. I am not so much asking " how it will look inside but how will it look outside, on my tummy. Where exactly will the doc cut and is there another way maybe without scaring. I belong to Discovery hospital plan and was wondering if they cover the procedure. How long must I stay in hospital and does it hurt afterwords? I will appreciate your answer.

PS> Anyone is welcome to comment if they have an answer.

There are two ways of doing a sterilisation. The one is through a laparoscope and there is a very small cut below your belly button. The other involves a larger cut similar to a caesarean. The method used will depends on your weight, size, previous surgery, etc. The hospital stay is 1 -4 days. Your medical aid should pay for this.

1