Question
Posted by: Abi | 2010/04/08

How much is too much?

HI

I''m quite active in the evenings after work. I do about 3-4 times a week of Zumba (cardio and resistance workout), tap dancing once a week and pilates once a week.

I get about 1-2 days of rest or no work out.

I would like to add aqua aerobics in the mornings maybe 3 times a week.

I just want to know if doing a workout in the morning and a workout in the evening is too much.

Thanks,
Abi

Hi Abi

You're not doing an excessive amount, no. If you added another couple of days, and trained every day, then it might be tough, but those 2 days where you do nothing help you recover. So just be careful that your additions don't take away all your rest. The rest is key - you can probably do two a day, but if you don't rest, then it's worse exponentially.

Also, try it out by adding a session once a week, see how it goes. Then add a second session, and eventually a third. But to suddenly do three days a week of two-a-day is tough, so I'd phase it in!

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/04/14

Hi Abi

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: Kandi | 2010/04/11

Hi, I do 3 sets of 20 minutes walking (in the morning, lunchtime and evening) and then I do 20 minutes of Zumba myself (either the Flat Abs, 20 minute express or bits and pieces of the Sculpt and Tone). I don''t think you''re doing too much. If that''s the only time you can get in a decent amount of exercise then there''s no harm.

Reply to Kandi