Question
Posted by: Neil | 2008/11/12

How much is too much?

Hi Vanessa

I just want to know how much body fat should I be aiming to loose each week?

Im at 23% now and I' m following a strict diet combined with 6 day a week workout, 3 days cardio and 3 days weights.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Neil

The general rule is that one will loose about 1,5% body fat per month – now that might sound little, but if you calculate what 1,5% of the total body weight is, it makes sense. Remember every kg of fat contains 3500 calories that has to be burned away and that takes quite a bit of effort. In very obese people you might find that the ratio of loss initially is slightly higher, but it generally ploys out to the standard.

Good luck and take care.
Vanessa