Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010/03/01

How much is enuf

Hi Doc, I have been doing some research and decided to purchase L-Glutathione supplement which helps detox and for overall good health, but i have been coming across more information that taking Gluthathione orally has no effect as it doesnt get absorbed by ones system. The one i purchased comes in capsule form and is 50mg. Is this supplement really worh taking and also how much is one supposed to take in order for it to be absorbed.
Pls shed some light on this matter if you can.
Thank you.

Dear Mary
I doubt if the supplement you have purchased containing 50 mg of L-glutathione will make a difference to your body glutathione content. According to research results oral ingestion of this antioxidant only starts to work at levels exceeding 3 gram. However the human body is capable of manufacturing its own glutathione so it is not really necessary to take the supplement. You can try using the precursors of this compound, namely N-Acetylcysteine and whey protein to increase your body's L-glutathione content.
Hope this helps

1

Dear Mary
Hope this helps