How much does it cost to fix a female kitten?

I have a 5mth old female kitten and want to have her spayed. How much would it cost? How long is the procedure? Would kitty need medication, especially pain medication after the procedure? How long will it take for her to recover?

Dear Anon

It all depends on who is doing the spay. A old vet may take a bit longer than a younger one. Some use painkillers, some do not.

My vet is charging me R600 for the spaying. Called her yesterday.

Posted by: Carol | 2009-07-22

Prices vary .... I have been quoted up to R600.00 +

My vet does mine for R250.00 but I rescue so he helps me out , not all vets are so obliging however .

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Chill | 2009-07-21

Spaying is no big deal for kittens (or puppies). Don' t worry about pain meds, they are not really required. All you have to do is keep them quiet for a day or two, and see that the stitches are taken out in time.

Reply to Chill