Question
Posted by: Taza | 2011/02/03

How much cardio is enough

Hello FitDoc

How much cardio and at what intensity do I need to do to lose 1kg a week (apart from following a diet and doing 3x resistence training a week)
I am female, 28 and weigh 64kg and am 1,76m tall (if this helps).
I just want to lose the 4 kg Iv put on over the festive season and need to do it by this time next month.Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you and have a super day x

hi Taza

Diet is actually more important in this regard. The general rule of thumb is 500 Cal per day for 0.5 kg per week, so that means 1000 Cal per day for 1 kg. That's a big deficit, and one that is only possible through a lot of exercise and a very restricted diet. Now, considering that you are not actually overweight, I'd reassess this goal - 0.5 kg per week is more reasonable.

It takes time, so just stick with it. But it really is more about the diet than the training at this stage - remember, diet is what changed to cause the problem to begin with, so reversing it means the same thing. So I'd be looking to see a dietician if I could.

Good luck!
Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/02/17

hi Taza

Good luck!
Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc