Posted by: shaks | 2009-04-15

how much calcium should a man have?

My husband and i are trying to conceive and i have read that calcium increases sperm....
Is this true?
Also im a lil worried because i now read that the wrong calcium can cause a heart attack..
My husband is taking 500mg a day.

Thank You

Dear Shaks
The calcium RDA for adult men is also 1200 mg per day. The latest research has indicated that we need to obtain our calcium from a balanced diet that contains milk and dairy products and sources of vitamin K2 (green leafy vegetables) plus vit D (skin exposure to sunlight for 20 min a day). You can also ask your chemist for a calcium supplement such as MenaCal.7, which also contains vitamin D and vitamin K2.
Hope you conceive soon.