Question
Posted by: REDS &  OTHERS | 2011/09/28

HOW MUCH BREAD

Hi doc, thanks for the quick replies, and thanks for the sterling job you are doing. Us girls at work all have problems with " what is the correct thing to eat"  Most of us bring sandwiches to work. Some white bread others brown and others rye. We have2 slices for breakfast at 9am and then again 2 slices for lucnh, as we are always watching our weight, what is the best to put on our bread???? chicken, ham, peanut butter.?? and can we have fruit salad and low fat yoghurt twice a day, and still loose weight. We await your reply

Dear Reds & Others
Thank you for your kind words, which make my day! For those you who are actually overweight, I would recommend low-GI bread or rye bread with low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese (you can get all kinds of tasty flavours for variety), or a thin slice of cold meat (all visible fat removed), or a slice of white chicken meat (no mayonnaise! use gherkins, lemon juice and black pepper instead), or a boiled egg mashed with 1 T of low-fat salad dressing or tuna canned in water or pilchards (more gherkins or lettuce or sliced tomato!). For those of you who are not overweight, you can have the peanut butter and eat Best of Both white bread or brown or wholewheat plus any of the above suggestions. Eating fruit salad and low-fat or fat-free yoghurt twice a day is a healthy option because it ensures that you ladies obtain the calcium you require for healthy bones and to prevent osteoporosis later on. Provided your energy intake from any of the suggested foods does not exceed 2100 kJ (the energy content of 1 main meal when you are slimming), you should lose weight.
Enjoy

1

Dear Reds & Others
Enjoy