Question
Posted by: B | 2012/03/06

How much

Dear Doc

Can you tell me what the ideal weight for me is. I am 40, Female, 1.74cm tall and I wear a size 7 shoe.

I currently weigh 87.5 and I know it is to much and would like a normal weight goal to work towards.

Dear B
Your present BMI = 28,9 which is in the overweight category. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 24, you would need to weigh 73 kg, thus a loss of 14.5 kg. For an ideal BMI of 22, you would need to weigh 67 kg, which would entail losing another 6 kg or 20,5 kg in total. Do this in stages, for example aim to lose 2 kg every 3-4 weeks until you have achieved your goal.

1

Dear B