Question
Posted by: gigi | 2010-04-25

how much

I am doing yoga twice a week,is this enough?i also need to lose little weight,will yoga help?I really enjoy it. Thank you.

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Gigi,
To achieve maximum benifits on all levels, yoga should be practiced regularly, daily in fact. You can attend classes twice a week, but you should also be looking to developing a home practice on the other days. This is difficult for most people, so I advise to start slowly with about 15 minutes of postures and breathing in the morning before breakfast. It will be a great start to the day and set the tone for the whole day. Over time as you begin to experience the benifits of regular yoga practice, you will find that you increase the time spent each day.

Yoga will help with weight loss as well. It does this in several ways. Obviosly postures will help to burn up calories, tone and strengthen the body, but yoga is a journey of self discovery, so you will begin to connect more with yourself and feel more comfortable and accepting of yourself as you are now. At this stage your weight won't be a great concern of yours, and the side effect is that your body will be strong, flexible and at it's ideal weight.

1
Posted by: yoga | 2010-04-29

Hi Gigi,

Reply to yoga