Posted by: Anon | 2009-08-04

How much?

Hi Doc,

How much kilojoules can I take in per day to lose weight for my weight and length? I know I can work it out, but it seems so much and I' m scared I' ll be gaining weight if I eat that much.

I weigh 71kg and I' m 1.65m.

According to WW (which I love to follow), I can eat 20 points a day plus you get 35 weekly points, so if you want you can add 5 points per day. 25 points per day adds up to 5250kJ. Is that not too much?

Dear How much?
The basic principle is that adult women should reduce their energy intake to approx. 6300 kJ per day to lose weight. The 5250 kJ provided by the WW diet is certainly not too much. Seeing that you like the diet, stick to it and add some daily exercise to your regimen so that you can reduce your present BMI from 26,1 down to 22 (ideal) for which you would need to weigh 60 kg.