Question
Posted by: Curious | 2010/10/21

how many times

Hi there Doc and thank you very much for taking time out to answer all the questions.

I want to know how many times a week should a person go to the toilet to do a number 2?

Can being constipated cause you not too loose weight?

What can a person do to release the constipation. I eat healthy, fibre and exercise 30 min per day, but still find myself constipated.

Please assist and thank you once again

Dear Curious
Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate them. The frequency of passing stools is very individual and some people function perfectly happily on only passing one stool oer week. However, if the stools you pass, are hard, dry and cause straining or pain, then you are probably constipated. I have written a number of articles on this subject: click on 'Diet n Food' at the top of the page and then on Food as medicine' and 'Healthy colon'. The articles on probiotics ("good microorganisms") may well be useful in your case. Try taking Bifidoflora (buy at health shops) to see if this will normalise your stools. Constipation does not prevent weightloss and taking harsh laxatives as are found in many over-the-counter slimming pills makes you lose water due to diarrhoea, but not fat.

1

Dear Curious