Question
Posted by: Hello Kitty | 2009/04/19

How many is too many

How many cats/kittens is too many. I have 2 kittens age 3 months and 5 months and will be adopting 2 more. How many would be enough!?

Hello Kitty

How should we know? Do you live in a flat of a mansion?

7
Posted by: Hello Kitty | 2009/04/21

Ouch I would never have expected to have such an answer like that from CV, does it not say that we are to refrain from aggressive or abusive behaviour on this site! Well well, so much for someone who is supposed to be a professional!!

Reply to Hello Kitty
Posted by: Carol | 2009/04/20

CV that is plain flippin rude and uncalled for !!!!

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2009/04/19

I had 17 cats and 7 dogs but they have decreased now to 14 cats and 5 dogs succumbed to old age in case of dogs and one cat and two of biliary complications. They range in age of 15 to 18 months and our vet bills are anything from R3000 to R5000 per monht. That includes Ultra dog food for the dogs and Hills for cats anlthough I am trying to put them on cheaper cat pellets but little rotters that they are they stick with the " good stuff" . My husband still works but I can' t and he says to all and sundry that he has to work for the cats and dogs! He would be bored to tears if he didn' t as it is his own business and holidays are out the question. This year at the end of the month we are going to see our son with wifr and daughter for first time in Oz after scraping for years. That' s the only downside - I love my cats to bits and am still pining for my little longhaired Dachsie who I had to put to sleep due to his heart, kidney and lung problems. He died i n my arms at our house. They all bring so much joy although I do get cross when they run across computers etc.
Carol, will write when I come back.

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: lisa | 2009/04/19

i have 7 cats, all ages, and although they eat alot and the vet bill can be horrific, they all bring me joy in their own way and i love them all.

Reply to lisa
Posted by: Carol | 2009/04/19

Well then you will be okay ..I love my cats and would have more , I have the space and the time .... but sadly money is the issue.

The trouble is of course is when something happens that u dont expect like a sick cat or an operation ... I do have payment plans with my vet tho which helps.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Hello Kitty | 2009/04/19

I can easily afford to feed at least 6, vets bills at the moment are spread out and they are only due for annual visits next year, they are sterilised or due to be soon but they have vouchers for that. I understand that like humans anything can happen at any time but we will manage that as the vet is fantastic.

Reply to Hello Kitty
Posted by: Carol | 2009/04/19

That depends on your finances....

I have 16 and we are really struggling financially ... giving them all attention isnt the issue ..but caring for them properly is.

Vets bills are very high not to mention the food.... a few months back we were coping , but because we were only " just"  coping the worsening economy hit us hard .. now we are in a pickle with too many cats to feed.

Reply to Carol