Question
Posted by: Karen | 2009-11-25

How many eggs per week for kids

What are the current recommendations for number of eggs per week for kids. My son is 21 months and loves eggs but I am not sure whether I should be following adult guidelines and restricting this to 2-3 per week? He has a balanced diet otherwise. Thanks.

Dear Karen
The Heart Foundation of SA has recommended that South Africans older than 2 years should basically not ingest more than 4 eggs per week because of the genetic tendency to high cholesterol levels. You can certainly allow your son to eat 4 eggs per week as they are also rich in high-quality protein, iron, B vitamins, etc.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-11-26

Dear Karen