Question
Posted by: Mikki | 2009-10-26

How many calories does Skipping burn?

I could not find this exercise under the burn-o-meter (but then I ma in a bit fof a hurry. I would like to know how many calories skipping burns. I do 30min twice a week as something different than just cycling. I weigh 60kgs and am 22 female.

Thanks doc!

Hi Mikki

Well, it depends on the intensity of the skipping, of course. I've found that if you skip at a high intensity, it's really difficult to do for long enough, and so a 30 minute skip probably means a lower intensity (there's a compromise between intensity and duration).

I'd put it just below running, in terms of energy burned. So 30 minutes would equate to between 300 and 400kcal. That's my best estimation. It agrees with some other predictions I've found online, so it's about right.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009-10-29

Hi Mikki

Reply to fitnessdoc