Question
Posted by: Momy | 2009-03-02

How long is ovulation and when is best?

Hi there doc.
How long does ovulation occur? According to an ovulation calculator that I have it shows that if the start date of my last period was 18 Feb (lasted about 4 days) then my ovulation time is between 27 Feb - 7 March and that I shoud do a preg test between 20-25 March. Could this calculation be correct?
I' m not on the pill and my husband always uses a condom. We usually start out without protection and last night things got out of hand and my husband didn' t stop as quickly as I hoped he would. He doesn' t know the seriousness of ovulation and fertilisation and that I could fall pregnant if the timing is right. We want another child but not now. Now my concern is that I' m ovulating and that fertilisation can occur. He said he pulled out very quickly but I' m not so sure. Also, I didn' t smell any sperm, so could it be that nothing happened? How long shoud I wait before doing a HPT?

You did have sex at your fertile time. You can check a pregnancy test 2-3 days after missing a period.