Question
Posted by: Sue | 2010/01/11

How long in between

Hi Doc. I have just done 2 ' round' s of IVF. The first ended in a missed miscariage on 30 September and I had a D and C. I have just completed my ivf no 2, and discovered last week that i am not pregnant. My levels at the beginning of this round were a bit high, so i wonder if i should have waited a bit longer than one period before i tried. I now want to do my 3rd and last ivf and want to know how long you suggest i wait before trying again. Thank you and a happy new year!

Dear Sue

There is no medical reason as to relating a failure of an IVF cycle if it is done too close that is 1month break between two cycles. However we know medications do affect the ovary, the ovaries are often very enlarged after stimulation by the drugs and we would normal advise waiting atleast 3 months between IVF cycles would be a good idea both from a physical and emotional point of view for your body to get back to normal.

Answered by: Dr Y.M Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/01/15

Dear Sue

Answered by: Dr Y.M Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert