Posted by: Pisces | 2009-09-02

How long does ovulation last

Hi Doc,
My cycle is usually 28 to 30 days. I notice ovulation signs around the 14th day of my cycle. My question is how long does it last or which days should I be active in trying?

You should be active from Day 12 -16.

Posted by: Pisces | 2009-09-03

Thank you all.

Reply to Pisces
Posted by: Ovulation | 2009-09-02

The ovulation period lasts 24 to 48 hours. That seems like a very narrow window to get pregnant, but it’ s important to remember that sperm can live 3 to 5 days in the woman’ s body.

More like 1 to 4 days.

Your chances of getting pregnant are much better if you have sexual intercourse in the day or two before ovulation, it is possible to get pregnant from sexual intercourse that occurred up to five days before ovulation.

Reply to Ovulation