Question
Posted by: MEL | 2009-01-05

How long do I wait?

Hi there I am a 34 year old woman, in 2002 I give birth to a 7 month baby girl whom is very healty now, I used the injection for about 1 year &  left it in 2003. My daugther is 6 years old &  my husband &  I want another baby In 2008 August I misscarriged at 11 weeks, a womb scrip was done &  4 weeks afterwards we tried again but still no pregnacies. Our sex life is wonderful (3 times a week) but there is always alot on mucus that comes out after we had sex, what is that called because its alot that runs down my legs. My husband has 2 kids from his previous relationships. help me to understand my problem please!!!!! I am despret for a baby

Dear Mel

The fact that you fell pregnant in August last year and unfortunately miscarried is however a good sign that you have the ability to conceive. I therefore do not think that you necessarily have any problem to worry about. You should just keep on trying and if after a further 6 months or so you still do not conceive then I would suggest you seek further assistance. It is also normal for either sperm or sperm mixed with mucus to come out of the vagina after sexual intercourse.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo