Question
Posted by: Carla | 2009-03-13

How long am I pregnant?

I did a blood test this week and they confirmed I am approximately 4 weeks pregnant. My gynae said my first visit must be at 6/7 weeks. On the internet just now, I did a calculation on a site which tells me I am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant. The first day of my last period was 26 January. What now? Must I visit my gynae sooner?

You are just over 6 weeks pregnant, so plan to see your gynae soon. Pregnancy is calculated from the last period.

2
Posted by: 11 weeks 5 days | 2009-03-13

Remember, you only actually fall pregnant when you ovulate, which is about 2 weeks after the first day of your last period. The internet calculators work out how far you are from the first day of your last period, which means that for the first two weeks, you were not actually pregnant because you didnt ovulate yet. So you have only actually been PREGNANT for 4 weeks, but you are put at 6 weeks because you have a total of 40 weeks in pregnancy.

I hope this makes sense... i also found it very confusing in the beginning until my doctor explained it to me.

Reply to 11 weeks 5 days
Posted by: Nix | 2009-03-13

Go sometime next week.

Reply to Nix