Question
Posted by: Edie | 2009-04-07

How Long

Good day will someone please help im battling to get my ex husband to maintain 2 kids.We divorced Dec 2008 and even before we divorced he never paid even a cent for maintenance for the kids.Ive been to the maintenance courts but nothing has come up ,ive even applied fo the garnishing order which was made on the 28 th of February but up to todate i havent heard had anything from the magistrate courts .Should anyone with information let me know how long does it take for the garnishing order application take , for everything to be succesful because its the kids that suffers .

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Edie,

unfortunately separated parents who do not take responsibilities for their children is a grim reality.
SADSA does not give legal advice, only emotional support.
You are very right in saying that it is the kids who suffer and this needs to be addressed in priority.

For any emotional related support you can contact me at info@sadsa.net

Warmest regards
Nadia