Question
Posted by: Enough | 2008/06/20

How Long

I have been in and out of therapy with and without medication for depression. Most times I stopped the meds due to adverse reactions and still after not having meds for 2 years still get a twitch in my muscles. I am currrently back in therapy as I have not come to terms with a very abusive Ex both mentally and emotionally. Just how long before I come to terms with this as it has been going since 2005

Some of us seem to be more sensitive to adverse reactions, in the sense of how many or how severe are the side-effects we experience, and some of us are less tolerant of side-effects. This is one of the reasons why I like CBT as well, as it obviously does not have side-effects and can indeed focus on helping us to cope with and tolerate them. And unfortunately, there is no time-scale for coming to trms with things. Sometimes one has to overcome one's own reluctance to letting go of the past events, so as to be able to move on