Question
Posted by: skank | 2012/08/13

how important are the urine dipstick tests at the Gynae when you are pregnant?

Hi there,
I have been to a new lady gynae on saturday. She didnot do the urine test for me.
I am 12 weeks pregnant.
My previous Gynae''s nurse said i will always do these tests every time i visit the Gynae.
please advise

The urine dipstick tests are for glucose and protein. It is not critical at 12 weeks but you should have the screen in the next few weeks.

2

Posted by: Annie | 2012/08/16

My gyne also always do the test.... I know it picks up if you have protien in your urien or an infection and I think sugar too....

Reply to Annie