Question
Posted by: Liza | 2010/02/11

How embarrassing!

In a meeting at work this morning I was explaining something to my boss - when I completely lost the thread of my thoughts. In front of our whole team. I had to ask them what my last sentence was to remind me what I was saying. And I took so long doing it - I must have looked like a first class idiot. I know my boss understands - because he knows about the bipolar and I' ve warned him that this might happen. But the rest of the team don' t know why I suddenly imitated the village idiot.

Is this really the first time this happened to anyone in your office ? What a lucky bunch of folks ! Has always happened to me from time to time - and maybe especially when the matter is important and the audience significant.
Try addressing a convention hall with 3.000 delegates, and suddenly, after one great sentence, realise you have totally lost the thread ? That's when it's worth having a handful of rehearsed ad libs to fill in with.
One that comes in handy for me has been " There are of course three major signs of dementia. The first is loss of memory - and I cant remember what the other three are."
While they're chuckling, you glance at your notes, and resume

4
Posted by: perspective | 2010/02/11

i wouldnt worry, on the scale of possible embarressment thats pretty low.....actually its exceptionally low....you really have no idea what embarresment really is.

Reply to perspective
Posted by: Kim | 2010/02/11

lol! I dont think they would even remember it, they most prob. tried by all men to keep their laugh in, but it is kind of funny but its that then its over. I dont think that too embarrssing maybe just funny.
That would not make oyu look like the village idiot either, its just part of being human and they would understand. Gossip abou twhat exactly? Theres nothing really to gossip about so dont think you should worry yourself too much.
Thats a great line by CS lol!

Reply to Kim
Posted by: LOL | 2010/02/11

Ohhhh , Gosh, you must be feeling terrible.

What did your boss say afterwards?

Your team is propably gossiping about you, but dont mind them, very soon they will have something new to talk about.

Good luck!!

Reply to LOL