Question
Posted by: Lynne | 2009/11/19

How effective is cognitive behavioural therapy 2

Hi there Doctor

Thanks for your previous response yet i find myself feeling completely confused and dissapointed at the thought of my therapist having wasted so much of my time and money by doing these affirmations. How do i find a proper cognitive therapist and what can i do in order to decide what to do now, im so tired of wasting money with the wrong therapists. Please be so kind as to simplify the terms for me as i am not familiar with CBT at all.

Kind regards
Lynne

MoodGYm gives one variety of CBT, only, but it is free and it has been evaluated and found to be effective.
The SADAG / Anxiety-Depression support group, number on this page, also has lists of some of the shrinks offering CBT.
Apart from affirmations (!) brush away those negative assumptions as they occur to you, and exercise your skills at recognizing positive aspects to situations.

As mm suggests, one of the few problems CBT has with some people, is that it is SO sensible and relatively simple, that they don't want to believe i could work for them, even though it can.

3
Posted by: mm | 2009/11/19

You can go to MoodGym website. Its gives CBT for free and you just register and do the exercises. Then you can get an actual idea of what CBT is all about. I' ve done it, it seems a bit silly at first but just keep going. it does make sense,
So before you go spending more money and weasting more time, maybe you can go look it up and give it a try.

And THINK POSITIVE. Try your best to push out negative thoughts. Just give it all you got!

Reply to mm
Posted by: mm | 2009/11/19

Reply to mm