Question
Posted by: Tamarana | 2009-11-02

How early is it possible to tell if I' m pregnant?

I had unprotected sex a few days ago, recently after the end of my last period. I am on Yasmin pill and take my tablets daily, religiously. Intercourse occurred towards the end of the inactive tablets of the pack, however my period for the month was over and I was no longer bleeding. I have a suspiccion that i am pregnant and need to know as early as possible. What are the chances I' m preganant considering i' ve been on the contraceptive pill for several years now? How can I tell? How long do I need to wait? Will a home pregnancy test be completely misleading at such an early stage?I think i should also mention that I am on Topamax (150mg daily). Does this affect anything, as I believe it does affect the absortion of the pill.
Please help!

Your chances of pregnancy are less than 1%. You would have to wait till your next period before a pregnancy test would be reliable.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-11-05