Posted by: zan | 2009-02-02

How early can pregnancy be detected?

Can you please tell me if a pregnancy test can be done before one has missed a period? We have been trying for two years now have not been able to fall pregnant, My period is only due on the 5th of feb but for the last two weeks have not been feeling good, my breasts are extremely sore, have back ache and nauses. I dont normally have pms so long before my periods starts. Did preg test last week was neg? Can someone please give me some advice!!

You can try a day before your period is due with a blood test, but this may be negative even if you are pregnant.

Best wishs

Posted by: mom | 2009-02-02

With all my pregnancies, The pregnancy test at the pharmacy was spot on, as early as 2 weeks

Reply to mom
Posted by: ss | 2009-02-02

Do a blood pregnancy test, is more accurate &  reliable before the periods. It only takes 30 to 60 minutes to get the results back. With lancet lab it cost R97. Good luck hope u are pregnant.

Reply to ss