Question
Posted by: madmax | 2008/10/17

How does taking Fertomid effect Men?

I was just wondering how Fertomid affects men in producing semen? how quickly does it work?

Max

Dear Madmax

In certain selected cases Fertomid may assist in improving sperm count and in borderline cases of sub-fertility this may be all that is necessary to restore fertility potential. However I would recommend it be used under the supervision of an urologist or andrologist.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

14
Posted by: IFAASA | 2016/04/21

Open letter to Discovery Health, with reference to the disease Infertility. Click, read, comment and share, it is time we took a stand! http://www.ifaasa.co.za/openletter/

Reply to IFAASA
Posted by: samy | 2016/01/28

hi I'm 35 years it 3 years nw I'm trying to get pregnant n they is no luck my friend told me to buy fetormid nd my husband sperm is lower nd I wnt to knw he can take fetormid too. plz help us

Reply to samy | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/29

IT IS HIGHLY HELPFULL FOR A MAN AS WELL.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/12

Hi, I am a 47 year old male & considering fertomid since my testosterone levels are 184 (low).What is the recommended dosage & how long should I take?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/13

Most common dose I've seen is 25mg every day for 20 days on 10 days off, up to three cycles. Make sure you are doing your best to help yourself with diet and exercise.

Posted by: Lily | 2015/03/19

I found this in my 20 year old sons draw Fertomid -50 mamofen-20 why would he be taking this? Gym???? thanks

Reply to Lily | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/23

Most probably to bring his testosterone back up - which usually drops after a cycle of steroids or prohormones. If he is into bodybuilding - this is the most likely reason for him to have these tablets.

Posted by: Sharon | 2015/02/28

Hi have problem of concieving and i just went to the doctor then he gave me fertomid n he said i should use it whn im on my period i used it for that time n havent concieve still plz help

Reply to Sharon
Posted by: neo | 2014/04/09

Hi im a 32 year old woman trying to concieve for 7 years now my 1st born is now 9 years. My cycle comes n goes as it pleases I cant do checks on the board for my cycle sometimes it comes out brown intead instead of red n my vgn feels cracky inside im so ineed of another baby can I use fertomid-50

Reply to neo
Posted by: madmax | 2008/10/23

Dr Cassim, thank you for your reply.

I have considered taking Fertomid for a while now, I have an borderline underactive thyroid which I have just been put on medication for. I am not sure if this has any effect on my fertility but have been told it may do.

I have just recently bought 25mg Fertomid and am considering taking half a tablet daily for about a week to 10 days, during my wife' s ovulation and hoping that this will make a difference.

I have some issues with being tested for anything and am not currently willing to go down that road in the hope that it will not be needed.

Thank you again for your advice, it is deeply appreciated.

Reply to madmax
Posted by: Desperatedawn | 2008/10/19

Hi Elmonique,

I hope you both don' t mind me intruding?

I' ve just stumbled across this page and am thankful I did. I' m due to start taking Fertomid in the next few days and wanted to ask how you are getting on taking it? Which days do you take it? have you had any adverse side effects?

I' m going to start taking mine next week on days 5-9. I' m a little anxious about it, but this is cycle #34 for us, so i' m way past waiting/hoping/praying.

I would be greatful of any advice you may have. Thank you and good luck to both of you with your journey' s.

Reply to Desperatedawn
Posted by: elmonique | 2008/10/18

hi max,my hubby ny taking it yet coz hes on anti depressents.bt im on it.

Reply to elmonique
Posted by: madmax | 2008/10/18

Thanks Elmonique. I went onto the cipla website (makers of Fertomid) who claim that men can take Fertomid. see the cipla website.

Did your husband use it? was it beneficial?

Just wanted some info before use.

Thanks Max

Reply to madmax
Posted by: elmonique | 2008/10/17

it does nt effect men at all.it matures the womans eggs in order for ur sperm to fuse with it perfectly.my hubby asked the same question.

Reply to elmonique