Question
Posted by: un-confident | 2009/01/28

How does one beocme confident

I am a single male late twenties, and have been single my whole life. I battle to get dates with women, and tend to become very despondant (spelling?). My friends and other people tell me that I am not confident of myself. What do they mean and how does one become confident?

Depending on the degree of "un-confidence", this might even amount to a social anxiety disorder --- but it responds very well indeed to counselling of the Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy / CBT variety in which one can effectively learn to be confident and effective in relations with other people, either romantically or in work and other areas of social life