Question
Posted by: Help My | 2008/07/01

How do you motivate GF to lose weight

How can I motivate my girl friend to lose weight, she always start a diet but after a few days she stop, please give me ideas. Thanks

Dear Help Me
The snag is that the only person in the world who can decide that your girlfriend needs to lose weight and to stick to a diet and exercise regimen, is your girlfriend. You don't mention if she is very overweight or if she only needs to lose a bit of weight. |If the latter, is true then encourage her to start doing daily exercises and if necessary join her by going for walks or to the gym together. If she needs to lose a lot of weight, then I would suggest that you ask her to sit down with you at the computer and get her to explore the Diet site on Health24. Access this site by clicking on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight loss'. Let het read what effects overweight have on her health and also what types of diets/exercise she can use to lose it. If she agrees to try the balanced diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing her energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life), then give her all the support you can and encourage all the positive things she does - don't nag and even if she lapses again, gently guide her back to the diet and the exercise.
Holding thumbs for both of you

1
Posted by: Tweety | 2008/07/01

Hi Help my

Do u support her in every way that you can? That plays a big role, when she has lost weight do u tell her wow that is great? why i am asking you these questions is because my bf would never ask me so how much did you lose, or would never tell me wow u starting to look great and that demotivated me alot!

Does the diets work for her? I was like that tried one diet after the other cos nothing seemed to be working,

But basically she must get her mind set rite, if her mind isn't set to it there is nothing you can do, she must make the choice that she wants to look good again and feel good about her self

Mayb you should make bargains with her(if you can afford it) if there's something you know that she really likes, tell her if she say lost 10kgs you will buy it for it

Has she ever been to a dietician? mayb she must go to a dietician and let them work out a meal plan for her so that she will lose weight but that it's more like a change of lifestyle,something that she can use for the both of you, cos i noticed with myself if i am on a diet that the rest of my family couldnt eat and i must cook 2 seperate meals (with stuff for them i couldn't eat) it also demotivated me.

Thanks for trying to support your gf, I'm sure she appreciates.

hope you find something to help her with

Reply to Tweety