Question
Posted by: mmmmmmmm | 2011/01/11

how do you make it work if your partner has a demanding job?

we do not stay together and we barely get to talk or see each other due to his project related job.

I'm sure other readers should be able to comment usefully on this problem, as I'm sure many of them experience it or have experienced it. Especially if you don't live together, it can be difficult, rather like a long-distance relationship. If the project-related busyness and demands are relatively temporary, it may be best to reduce expectations for the relationship until this storm is over. If it is likely to be a persistent situation, it would be wise to take time to disuss it together. Sometimes, at some stages in one's career, one is simply not available to make a satisfying emotional relationsip

3
Posted by: mmmmmmmm | 2011/01/11

believe me I have almost gone insane because of this. It is just crazy the amount of work he needs to do.He is realising that it is affect his personal life now. I just dont know how to be there for him if we do not get to talk a lot or see each other a lot. I dont want to scare him off but we do need to compromise.I just want to know that all is ok if I do not hear from him on a daily basis. I also still want to contact him without him feeling pressure from my side as he is already getting it at work.

Reply to mmmmmmmm
Posted by: Carmen | 2011/01/11

Get a hobby, go out with friends, and dont feel bad that you having fun and his working. Do it for yourself or you will go insane.

Reply to Carmen