Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2009/11/14

how do you know?

Dear Cs

Im in my 4th year of my relationship and im caught between 2 places,ive been thinking of ending it,because you get tired of talking to an adult about the same thing,im at a place where im realy tired of telling him that some things he does hurt me ,but he keeps doing them,im at a point where im thinking of just cutting my loses and move on,i dont know what to do,at the same time i do love him,but im at a point where i think the fact that he doesnt here me when i talk to him about my feelings about his actions,my happiness is compromised in the relationship,i dont want to get used to him not listening to me,there is no infedelity as far as i know but i feel that he doesnt take my feelings into consideration when he goes out with his friends,and im realy tired of talking to him about this,i get the sence that he probably doesnt care what i think.

so how do you know when its time to end a relationship? how should you feel about the person when its the right time to do it?
I just feel like i have no other option?

There's no magic formulaa for deciding at what poiny a relationship is, or should be, over. But you sound like you're describing something like that point. When he no longer even tries to react to things you tell him about how he hurts you ; when he's invested in going out with his friends more than in staying in with you

1