Posted by: Angelina | 2008-11-21

How do I tell my friend?

My son (3 years) goes to a daycare where my friend is the owner.Now my husband and I have decided that my son needs
more stimulation and structure so we want to take him out of the daycare. I don' t want to hurt my friends feelings or say anything bad about her daycare but I don' t know how to tell her that without sounding bad. I know this probably sounds like a silly problem to you but to me I treasure people that are close to me.
Please give me some advice.

I understand why this bothers you, but it's hard to advise without knowing far more specifics than we can exchange here. You can discuss it calmly for her and explain how much you treasure her and your friendship, and perhaps suggest that you have been advised that your boy needs some specific types of structure another centre provides, and you'd like to try him there and see how it goes

Posted by: Janet | 2008-11-21

Are you bringing your son home to spend the day with you, or taking him to a different day care? If he is spending the day with you, surely your friend will understand - of course the child is better off with mom all day instead of a nanny.

Reply to Janet