Posted by: Cholesterol | 2009-01-14

how do i stop using Cholesterol meds?

i lost my job and my medical aid cant affort to buy meds anymore
I have been using meds for 19 years currently on ASPAROV 20
Cholesterol level is 6
i know it will go up if i stop but i want to keep the spik befor it level out on n higher level as low as posible
WHat is the best way to stop using the meds (Plse dont tell me i must see n doctor -can pay that to)

Dear Cholesterol
High cholesterol levels are often hereditary and if you are already eating a low fat diet and you stop the medicine, your cholesterol level ( which is abnormally high already while you are now on medication ) will go up more. I think you should see a doctor at a state hospital where you will be able to get treatment and regular blood tests for an affordable amount. If you get a heart attack or stroke due to high cholesterol, you may end up disabled.