Question

How do I stop sleeping tabs

I have been using 1 Zolpihexal for 3 months now and dont think I can sleep without them anymore. Please help me. How do I go about getting off them and what will symptoms be

Expert ImageSleep Expert

These tablets were never meant for long-term use. After a week or so one ends up where one would have been in terms of sleep, only now you need the tablets to get even that.
If you stop them, you will have a number of bad nights, before things settle down.
You can slowly reduce the amount - take half a tablet for a few nights, then a quarter, and so on.
Finally, you can try to go to every second night for a week or two before stopping.
Whatever you do, it needs to go with careful attention to good sleep habits, an environment conducive to sleep, etc.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2009/10/27

Reply to Sleep expert