Question
Posted by: SHIREEN | 2010/04/08

how do i loose weight

I`ve been a thin person all my life. I`m 39 and seems to pick up weight for the last 6 years drasticly. I dont crave for sweet things and I never eat after supper. I`ve been on idets and nothing helps. Ive moved up from +- 58kg to 78 in 6 years. Iespecially have a big bloated stomach. Please help.

Dear Shireen
There are so many different factors that could be influencing this type of pronounced weight gain: a) Hormonal changes or deficiencies (thyroid, insulin, female hormones) - ask the dr to test for such deficiencies, b) Depression which can cause pronounced weight gain or loss depending on the patient, c) Turning to food for comfort because of anxiety or feelings of rejection, d) A change in your activity levels, not exercising. If any of these should apply to you then please get some expert help from a medical dr (hormones), a clinical psychologist (depression and comfort eating) and a dietitian for overeating, and a gym for starting to exercise again.
Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area.
Start finding out what is causing this weight gain.

1

Dear Shireen