Question
Posted by: worried | 2008/07/02

How do I let go of fear and worries

I have listened to people endliessly complanining about this country, and that there is no future for us, etc etc. And I always thought they are just so pessimistic. I watched a commercial on TV tonight ( Shell commercial) and my blood started to boil. I got so mad! I even shouted at my family for no reasons just because I was mad. I guess deep down I feel every ones elses fear as well. How do I let it go? I am tired that it seems that people have no respect for each other. The fact that a big company like that feels that it is ok, makes me worry. The only thing I can do is not use them again. Or is it time that we start to speak up, even though it won't make a difference? I don’t think we should allow this to happen but I don’t want to spend my time fighting/complaining. But how do I keep positive and not let things get to me this way, I thought I was ok.

I don't know the ad you're referring to, but some are so daftly, insanely cheery they can be infuriating. Or they acept the unacceptable and suggest we ought to do so, too. The reason speaking up doesn't always make a difference is because most of us don't speak up because we assume it won't make a difference.
Maybe seek to link with others who feel that things can and should be improved, and want to help. Whether this be in a political party, or a service organization or charity / NGO. We can make a difference, and if enough of us make a small difference, that can add up to a significant difference