Posted by: Shelley | 2009-09-23

How do I know if my problem is caused by acidity?

Hi. I have a confusing list of sypmtoms that I suspect may be caused by acidity. The acidity may be caused by wheat and dairy intolerance.

For the last 2 years I have had a strange rash around my mouth, sometimes it is worse than other times. Recently I started waking up with TERRIBLE sinus headaches. I was tired  irritable and mentally foggy. Also, my nails have become rather brittle.

My most disturbing sypmtom however has been problems with my breathing! It started slowly...I would breath deeply but felt like I was not getting enough oxygen. It started getting worse and worse until one day I had to go and buy an asthma pump - although it did not help much. This breathing problem was accompanied by constand yawning.Finally I had a full blown panic attack!

I cut out wheat and dairy for a few weeks and it helped but as soon as I eat normally it returns...even red meat seems to be a problem

Is this acidity? How can I know for sure? Am I losing my mind?
Will I have to live with this forever?

I do not however suffer from acid reflux (heartburn)?

Hallo Shelley
The rash around your mouth is probably a kind of eczema and the wheat and diary could definitely be contributing to this. You can have yourself tested if you want to be 100% sure.
The breathing problem has no relation to this - it is probably due to anxiety and using something like Aropax will probably help for this - please discuss with your GP.
If you are allergic - it may be forever...