Question
Posted by: POPI | 2011/07/01

how do i know if he''s cheating!!!!!!!!

hubby is awlays talking things against me to me, at church when he is asked to preach he will talk about my bad cooking in the house and he makes this jokingly so that people r laugh,and another thing he always does things that i do not like repeatedly and by purpose then he know he will say sorry but he i know he does mean it when he says he is sorry coz he does that thing repeatedly, he jsut provokes me in things that he knows hurt me, how will i know if he is seeing other women because if he leaves home and says he is visiting his parents, he does not call me and says he travelled safely he dose things unusually these days, how will someone know if hubby is cheating?

I don't understand the sense of any church inviting any man to preach, to allow him to make cruel jokes about his wife. Doing and saying things he knows will hurt you is cruel, and apologising emptily afterwards doesn't excuse such bad behaviour. And it is not how a godly or religious man behaves.
Maybe other readers can comment on how they think you might have good reasons to suspect him of cheating. But he sounds as though he doesn't respect women enough to treat anyone else any better than he treats you.

2
Posted by: Caro | 2011/07/04

Whether he is cheating or not would be another problem connected to this. Either way he is abusing you. Verbal abuse, emotional abuse is justa s bad as physical abuse and you should not have to stand for it. Seek help at your local counseling centre - not your church as you seem not have found anyone sympathetic come forward to support you against your husband''s cruel jibes.
If you think he may be cheating, protect yourself, insist on it. It is your right to be treated with respect. A man who treats his wife with so little resoect would easily cheat on her because he has no respect for women in general.
If he will not sit down and discuss the problem like an adult, then you MUST seek counseling on your own so that you can retain your dignity and insist to be in a relationship of mutual respect.
Good luck.

Reply to Caro