Posted by: Leah | 2013-02-12

How do i help my seven year old?

Dear Cyber doc,

I am so heart broken ,my seven year old daughter tells me she does not have friends to play with at school(she is in grade one) she says when she goes to other kids they are either playing with boys or they say they are full. I can see this is hurting her, my challenge is I do not know how to handle this at all. my daughter is not a bully and enjoys playing.

Kind Regards

Lets see what other experienced and caring mothers among our readers, can suggest.
When di he start schhol ? Is this a new problem or an old one ? Does she have friends made from home, or i she solitary there, too ?

Posted by: Queen | 2013-02-12

Very true Maria!
My little girl is 6yrs old and that''s all she complains about. She''s a very outgoing person and makes friends easily. But when I ask her how her how was her day at school  she''ll complain that so &  so din''t want to play with her, or this one was very mean to her etc. I''ve decided to just comfort her at home by telling her that she is a good person etc. I think its because she has just started in a new school and still needs to adjust.

Reply to Queen
Posted by: Leah | 2013-02-12

Hi Maria

Thank you for your input i will try that even though she has been
to birthday parties with some of the kids as she did grade r at the same school and she was very happy last year.

Reply to Leah
Posted by: Maria | 2013-02-12

This is quite a common complaint for kids that age. My daughter also used to tell me she doesn''t have any friends, but when I picked her up from aftercare I often found her playing with other kids. I suggest you organise some playdates so that your daughter can connect with some of the kids on a one to one basis, and hopefully the relationships continue at school.

Reply to Maria