Question
Posted by: Taps | 2008-11-03

How do I handle this !!!

My hubby passed two years ago, he was a step dad to my child. Now I met a man whom we get along very well, we have been dating for about 6 months now and we spent most of our time together. I try to split my time equally betwen the two. My problem is she is very unhappy when I am with him, I don' t know how to separate the two as I love them very much, yesterday she was so angry, hitting my bedroom door with anger while we were in the room. Her father is around and they have a very good relationship. I would like to get a better way to handle this situation. Do I have to sit my daughter down, and explain the situation at her age.

You probably do have to sit down and calmly DISCUSS this with her ; maybe talk it over with her father, who could be helpful here ( isn't there someone else in his life ? )

3
Posted by: anon | 2008-11-04

I think that you have to explain to her that he will never take the place of her father, but that you also are entitled to your own happiness. Tell her that when he met you, and chose to date you, he knew that she was a part of your life, and that he loves her so much that he chose to have both of you as a part of his life, not only you, she is afraid of losing you, remember, she also lost a loved one when your hubby passed. she is insecur, make her believe that you both love her.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Taps | 2008-11-04

Sorry - She is 9 year old

Reply to Taps
Posted by: EL | 2008-11-03

What' s her age?

Reply to EL