How do i get over this

I was going out with this guy and we were so happy. I dont know what happened. The one day he said - where is this going? you see, he' s jewish and i' m catholic - but it never bugged me. I loved everything about him. He told me that he couldnt marry a non jewish girl. so why was he with me in the first place? I now am sitting heart broken and longing to get him back. I havent spoken to him for a couple of weeks but it still hurts like hell. Everything reminds me of him - we have so many good memories. I just cant get over him. I write this with tears streaming down my face. I dont know if he feels the same - i dont know whether the religion was just an excuse, but i cant see what else was wrong. i think about him everyday, all day. I know i cant change this, I know i cant get him back, I know he cant feel the same way - or else he would be with me. But i dont know how to get over this, I dont know how to stop thinking about him. I miss him, he' s smile, he' s corny jokes that used to leave me in stiches, looking into those gorgeous blue eyes and having his arms around me. I want this pain to stop, I want to stop thinking about him. I want to stop thinking what I did wrong. I want the sunshine back in my life - and he was the sunshine...

This must indeed have been very hurtful. Many couples have long and happy marriages despite major differences in religion, race or culture ; others find that in the medium-term, the pressures from others within each camp are more than they want to cope with, and breakup. It sounds as though your concern, perfectly reasonable is why, if he was absolutely clear that he would not have a long-term relationshuip with someone not of his precise faith, he began to have a close relationship with you. Maybe he didn't feel as much or expect as much as you did, and declared his concern when he realized how much you felt and wanted ?
OK, intellectually you recognize that you are not going to get him back, and that it's over, but emotionally you haven't yet accepted that fact. Counselling can help you to do that, and to move on, till you find someone as good or better suited to you, and get the relationship you want and deserve. He was no the only person with ywhom you could bond. Maybe he felt like the sunshine, but that light you enjoyed was just reflected, maybe even reflected from yoru own light. He was not its sole or main source

Maybe he just see you as a friend and maybe due to his relligious believes its impossible to be more than that so maybe eccepting that would help you get over him as it seems if you have deeper feelings for him than friendship. Why not look for somebody thats believes are the same than yours if you are looking for something more than just friendship?