Posted by: Naomi | 2009-03-17

How do I get my book published?

Hi CS I know you have published a lot of books,I am busy with a really good book( I happen to think so),and would like to know how, does a plain jane like myself go about getting a book published?I' ve tried googling some info ,couldn' t really find much please advice,apologies as this is not Pschology related.Thanking you in advance

Its a major risk to pend a lot of time writing a book before you have found a potential publisher. Check other books like it ( online as well as in bookstore ) --- make sure there aren't already dozens like what you're planning, and yet if there are a few somewhat similar, who publ;ished that sort of book. Then try sending them an outline of what you are planning, along with some good sample chapters ( so they can see how you actually write ) ; and some will indicate then if it is posible they'd like to see the completed work, or not
Check in Amazon ( my first stop when checking products like books and DVDs, as they have useful reviews of them, which I then buy at Take2 or wherever locally ) for books like The Writer's and Artists Yearbook ( there may be copies at your local Exclusive Books ) which give guidelines on how and where to submit, and list all major publishers around the English-speaking world, and what they are looking for and who to contact. There are more specialized books, too, on writing children's books, or plays, or whatever

Posted by: dee | 2009-03-19

Congratulations. My husband has recently finished his novel, after 7 years.
Try They offer to upload and host your book for free. Your best bet is to create a website with a link to them so people can buy book through them. Problem is, that you still have to market it yourself and make it known to your friends and family.
If you have any contacts in the book world, e.g. exclusive books, or whoever, get them to read and assess it for you. If they think it financially viable, they will suggest it to a publisher.

Reply to dee
Posted by: Naomi | 2009-03-17

Thanks CS

Reply to Naomi