Posted by: Mom of Four | 2009-02-26

How do I feed them all?

Up until recently I owned an old cat and a tiny little Min Pin. I could afford to feed them Hill' s Science Diet. Things have suddenly changed - a stray, very thin cat walked into our home and shows no sign of leaving. He clearly loves us and likewise, we love him.

Around the same time I agreed to take over a 7 year old Boerbul who I' ve known for 5 years and who has spent time in our home. My young son and I live on our own and we need the security. She' s a terribly sensitive dog and stands very little chance of adapting to another family who understands her like we and her owners do. The other choice would have been to put her down - perish the thought!

Here' s the deal - as a single, animal-loving mom who, due to the recession which has affected the company I work for, cannot afford to feed four pets Hill' s Science Diet, I would really appreciate advice on how to feed them a low-cost, healthy diet.
Getting rid of any or all of them is out of the question - I' d rather swallow a live gecko. The thought would be easier to live with.

Dear Mon of Four

Best priced good quality dog food at the moments is Ultradog. Cat foods are very similar in price and is not worth buying cheaper food.

Posted by: Carol | 2009-02-26

I had the same problem with my 16 cats .. I did some research and converted them to a raw diet with is costing me 70% less of what I was feeding and is better for them.

email me on carolm1 dot telkomsa net and I can help u with more info.

Reply to Carol