Question
Posted by: Lindsay | 2010/06/03

how do I control my weight and appetite

Hi Doc,

I had a daughter a year ago, everything was fine with weight until recently.I am picking up a lot of weight and big appetite unlike before.Please advise me as to what can I take to c ontrol my appetite coz eating too much is what making gain so much weight?

HI Lindsay

You'll gain weight because of some change - either in your diet or in your routine. I'd imagine that you probably are a lot more active now than before no rest when you have a baby around! And probably what is happening is that your appetite is up because you're so active. As a result, you eat more, and maybe the wrong foods, and you gain weight. Or otherwise, it might be an emotionally driven appetite, perhaps stress or emotional 'fatigue' from the change in your routine.

Either way, I think that what is important is to see a dietician, because you really need someone who is an experton that particularly issue. I would never claim to be, so it's vital that you chat to one instead. I suspect there are very specific things you can eat or avoid, to help control the appetite. And some other tricks. For example, one thing that works well is to keep a food diary of exactly what you eat. You might be surprised. I'd do that anyway, but definitely, if you can, see a dietician!

Ross

3
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/06/10

HI Lindsay

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: k Bester | 2010/06/04

Sorry Lindsay, that was not supposed to be a reply on your question but also a question for the docter ,which is almost the same problem as yours.

Reply to k Bester
Posted by: K Bester | 2010/06/04

I am exercising(cycling) 5-6 times per week not to hard just to get fit ,but I also can''t control my appetite and my weight. I try to eat right but I got these un controllable cravings for sweet things. My tyroid is under active &  I drink Eltroxin every day. I asked my pharmacit for advise , he said I can use Phedra Cut stimulant free. Will that help to control the appetite or must I use USN Appetite Control pills? Can you please help me? I am tired of being the fat cyclist in our group and I try so hard to loose weight.

Reply to K Bester