Posted by: EmmaJ | 2008-11-19

How did I get Genital Herpes?

I have been married for 10 years and only ever had sexual contact with my husband, who I am 99.9% sure has only ever had sexual contact with me.
I recently did a FET cycle with my fertility clinic, in which I had to have a polygam to lower my immune system. (Not sure that this is relevant)
About a week into my two week wait I started to feel really sick, and subsequently developed white blisters at the entrance to my vagina. These ruptured and got worse.
My doc says that it is something like the chicken pox or shingles and that I would have got it even if I didn' t have the polygam.
What on earth could have caused this and what type of herpes is it really? Please help!
PS I have never even had a cold sore, although my hubby is prone to them very rarely. I had chicken pox as a child.

Unless you have a confirmed diagnosis of genital herpes, you should not assume that this is the case. It does not appear that your doctor thought you had genital herpes.